Sunday 27 November 2011

le cool issue # 119

Ho Ho

Ho Ho in Rathmines is my favourite Chinese take-away. It takes an unrivaled spot in my heart, mind, belly and wallet. I like their spring-rolls the best because they're big and you get three of them. One time I was walking between Rathmines and Ranelagh, pretty late. I was by myself and eating their springrolls. What happens next is pretty shocking but I'm going to tell you anyway. Maybe I shouldn't tell you this. Maybe take a seat. I dropped one on the ground by accident and then I picked it up and ate it anyway. Nobody saw. I know of someone who lives on the Northside and still orders her takeaway from Ho Ho, more than happy to pay the ridiculous extra delivery charge to traverse at least two Dublin postcodes. Who's shame is worse?

Good Mood Food

Oh my the pizzas are incredible. I can't get over it. How do they even get that amount of cheese on top of that crumbly base and perfect layer of tomatoey sauce. Good Mood Food is located off Leeson Street down a lane across from the Sugar Club. The building is an old cobblers, unchanged amongst silly towering office boxes. It's been converted into a bright and friendly space. Upstairs is quieter and the side area is more vibrant. Sit wherever suits your good mood. You have got to, I stress have to, try the pizzas. The salads are ace too, very satisfying, you just fill up your small or large container yourself. Mix the selection to your liking. What I really like about the food is that it all seems so healthy and fresh, even the pizzas. Oh, and they have proper coffee to be proud of and two choices of beans. Strong Costa Rican or Mild Italian.

le cool's full special food issue - HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment